Ce texte a été automatiquement traduit du Anglais.
Voulez-vous voir la traduction automatique?
Personnel: Teddy Wilson – piano with The Ove Lind Swing Group consists of: Ove Lind (clarinet), Rolf Berg (guitar), Lars Erstrand (vibes), Arne Wilhelmsson (bass) and Per Hultén (drums). These musicians are hand picked from the elite of Swedish happy jazz.
SEXTET: A 1-2, B 2, 6 (RECORDED APRIL 14, 1970)
QUINTET: A 5, B 1, 4(RECORDED APRIL 15, 1970)
QUARTET: A 4 (RECORDED APRIL 15 1970)
TRIO: B5 (RECORDED APRIL 15 1970)
PIANO SOLO: A 3, B 3(RECORDED APRIL 16 1970)
ALL TRACKS RECORDED IN RADIO HOUSE STOCKHOLM.
1. SWING IN F 2:15 Written by Ove Lind, the arranger and leader of this session. First recorded by the Swingin' Swedes in 1953. In this version the whole sextet is in action.
2. JAM SESSION CUPOL 5:12 Melody by trumpeter Gosta Tórner and pianist Bob Laine. As the title indicates, this tune was first released on the Cupol label, in 1947. The entire sextet is featured here too.
3. TOO LATE 2:32 A Teddy Wilson solo. The tune was written by Gunnar Lundén-Welden in 1941 and has been used in Swedish films, including "The Dance Hall" (1955).
4. NOBODY IS LIKE YOU 3:10 Pianist Bengt Hallberg wrote this tune for a 1959 Swedish film "Swinging at the Palace". This version features quartet with clarinet lead.
5. FANTASY IN B 2:19 Written by pianist Gosta Eriksson and recorded for the first time in 1942. Arranged here for quintet with vibes and clarinet.
1. MELODY IN B 3:55 A lovely, relaxed tune composed by Bob Laine in 1942. Here again the quintet includes vibes and clarinet.
2. ALMOST BALD 2:50 A sextet version of a 1948 tune by guitarist Sten Carlberg. The original was recorded in 1948 by Thore Swanerud's trio.
3. MY LOVE IS YOURS 2: 27 Another piano solo by Teddy Wilson. This ballad was written in 1950 by pianist Ake Fagerlund, a well-known bandleader during the 30's and 40's at the Liseberg Pleasure Gardens in Gothenburg.
4. INSPIRED BY YOU 4:37 The melody was written in 1944 by Povel Ramel, one of Sweden's most prolific and reliable hit composers. Arranged here for the quintet minus guitarist Rolf Berg.
5. YOU CAN'T BE IN LOVE WITH A DREAM 3:15 The only trio arrangement on this record, featuring Teddy Wilson, Arne Wilhelmsson and Per Hultén. Trumpeter Al Sandstroem wrote this tune in 1960.
6. NICE TO HAVE THEM AROUND 3:05 Pianist Thore Swanerud wrote this melody around 1952 and it's the only title on the record that has never before been released commercially.