[Clien/editor] L.H. Wodhams, Family Grocer & Provision Merchant, Central Stores, Parade, Sutton Coldfield (UK) and Canton House, Four Oaks (UK) - Leeds, Alf Cooke, "Her Majesty's Color Printer since 1885, 1901 - 1st print -
wall-calendar 1901 with poem on the backside - 1 poster-size recto/verso-printed - Paper + wooden ballast-slats - 66 × 50.5 cm - Torn top right [Preliminary repair with Neshen Repair-Tape (Mending Tape), Acid-free, buffered with CaCo3 (Archival Standard)]
A wall calendar (1901) with the life-size-portrait of "Field Marshal Lord Roberts of Kandahar" in dress uniform on the front. The reverse contains a poem 'Bob' by Rudyard Kipling(1893). One of the three Kipling-poems dedicated to Roberts.
* Frederick Sleigh Roberts (1832–1914) was a British military leader. His nickname was "Bobs". In 1878 Roberts, supported by 10,000 troops and after a long and risky march, managed to relieve the second city of the kingdom of Afghanistan, Kandahar.
This resulted in a title of nobility (Sir Frederick Sleigh Roberts) and the rank of Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath. In 1890 he was made general and in 1892 he was elevated to the hereditary peerage as "Baron Roberts of Kandahar in Afghanistan and the City of Waterford".
* Rudyard Kipling wrote three poems about the Victorian military legend Roberts. Kipling had been in contact with Roberts for more than 30 years (ca.1880-1914).
* Alf Cooke (1842–1902) founded his print shop in 1866. In 1885 Queen Victoria named Cooke "Her Majesty's Color Printer".
Shipping: Carefully packaged (in tube) and insured.
- Nombre de livres
- Brocante et ephemera, Calendrier mural - Poème Rudyard Kipling, Histoire coloniale, Histoire militaire, Objets souvenirs, Périodiques (journaux et magazines)
- Auteur/ Illustrateur
- L.H. Wodhams, Family Grocer & Provision Merchant
- Titre du livre
- Life-size-portrait of "Bobs" The Hero of Kandahar, accompanied by a poem by Rudyard Kipling
- État raisonnable
- Année de publication de l’ouvrage le plus ancien
- 1ère édition
- Langue originale
- [Printer] Alf Cooke, Leeds "Her Majesty's Colour Printer
- Page simple
- autres extras - voir description, Lattes de lest en bois sur les côtés courts