Type of jewel: Georgian antique brooch set with table rose cut diamonds circa 1750
Condition: very good
Country of origin: Although there are not legible or recognizable hallmarks, we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Antique Georgian
Era: ca. 1750
Material: Silver and details in yellow gold (touchstone tested)\
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Extra information: This type of pendant is typically Belgian in the late 18th till mid-19th century. They are called 'à la Jeannette'. A croix à la Jeanette (French for: "cross in the style of Jeanette") is a pendant in the form of a heart with a latin cross dangling from it
"Born" as a pendant and somewhere in its life changed into this brooch.
Diamond(s): Four table cut rose cut diamonds, tested and guaranteed natural diamonds. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
We have all diamonds in all our vintage and antique jewellery tested by the IJGC - lab whether they are natural diamonds or lab-grown diamonds. When diamonds in our jewellery turn out to be lab-grown we don't offer them. Therefore we guarantee that all diamonds in this jewel are 100% natural.
Birth and month stones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: height 8,44 cm (3,32 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 18,00 gram (11,57 dwt)
Adin reference Nº: 20274-0195
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped.
- Comes with professional report of authenticity.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are.
- See more of our products, visit: https://auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Broche, Croix - Géorgien antique - Anno 1750 -
- Finesse du matériau
- Plusieurs pierres
- Dimensions: height 8,44 cm (3,32 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
- Poids total
- 18 g
- Très bon état, légèrement utilisé avec de petits signes d'usure
- Pierre principale
- Traitement de la pierre principale
- Naturel (non traité)
- Les pierres environnantes
- Naturel (non traité), AUCUN PRIX DE RÉSERVE