Type of jewel: French Top Quality Antique Diamond 18K Gold Cuff Bangle With Removable Large Black Enamel Center Piece1
Condition: very good
Country of origin: France
Style: Antique Victorian
Era: ca. 1840
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Extra information: The impressive centerpiece is easily removable (and yet still very safe when attached to the bangle). So the bangle is aslso wearable without the large center piece. The centerpiece is also meant to be worn as brooch or as pendant to one`s likings. Sometimes we find these bracelets together with the extra parts to make them easily into a brooch and/or pendant, however here it comes without. But for an experienced jeweller it shouldn`t be a big problem making the parts needed for this extra useability.
Technique: Enamelling is an old and widely-adopted technology. The ancient Egyptians applied enamels to pottery and stone objects. Enamel is the colorful result of fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 degrees Celsius. The powder melts and flows and hardens to a smooth, durable vitreous coating on metal, glass or ceramic.
The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Diamond(s): 49 rose cut diamonds, tested and guaranteed natural diamonds. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
We have all diamonds in all our vintage and antique jewellery tested by the IJGC - lab whether they are natural diamonds or lab-grown diamonds. When diamonds in our jewellery turn out to be lab-grown we don't offer them. Therefore we guarantee that all diamonds in this jewel are 100% natural.
Birth and month stones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing a horse's head that was in use in France from about 1838. (See pictures for an example of this hallmark)
Dimensions: diagonal diameter top part 5,47 cm (2,15 inch), size bangle adjustable between 19,00 cm (7,48 inch) and 20,50 cm (8,07 inch) width bangle 3,19 cm (1,26 inch)- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 88,50 gram (56,91 dwt)
Adin reference Nº: 20274-0197
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped.
- Comes with professional report of authenticity.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are.
- See more of our products, visit: https:// auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Antique Victorien, Français Antique de qualité supérieure, bracelet manchette avec grand centre en émail noir amovible, Bracelet
- Or jaune
- Finesse du matériau
- 18 carats
- diagonal diameter top part 5,47 cm (2,15 inch),
- Poids total
- 88.5 g
- Très bon état, légèrement utilisé avec de petits signes d'usure
- Pierre principale
- Traitement de la pierre principale
- Naturel (non traité)
- Les pierres environnantes
- Naturel (non traité)