Type of jewel: Early to Mid-Georgian antique gold cross pendant with table cut rose cut diamonds
Condition: very good
Style: Early-Georgian to Mid-Georgian
Era: ca. 1730
Inspired by: Christianity
Material: 18K yellow gold and details in silver (touchstone tested)
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Extra information: In the first photo, a metallic textile thread is visible to show how this item is worn as a pendant. All information in the description only relates to the pendant without this thread, eg the mentioned weight does not include the thread. The thread (as shown in the photo with a ruler in cm's and inches) comes with the pendant. Please note, this item will be sold without a chain/necklace.
Table rose cut diamond - When a rose cut diamond is cut in a way that the top part is parallel to the backside of the stone, we are talking about a table rose cut diamond, a way of diamond polishing typical for the 15th till 18th Century.
Diamond(s): Five table cut rose cut diamonds, tested and guaranteed natural diamonds. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
Four senaille diamond cut tested and guaranteed natural diamonds. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to senailles.
We have all diamonds in all our vintage and antique jewellery tested by the IJGC - lab whether they are natural diamonds or lab-grown diamonds. When diamonds in our jewellery turn out to be lab-grown we don't offer them. Therefore we guarantee that all diamonds in this jewel are 100% natural.
Birth and month stones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: height 4,06 cm (1,60 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 6,60 gram (4,24 dwt)
Adin reference Nº: 20240-0283
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped.
- Comes with professional report of authenticity.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are.
- See more of our products, visit: https:// auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Croix, du début du géorgien au milieu du géorgien -, Pendentif
- Or jaune
- Finesse du matériau
- 18 carats
- height 4,06 cm (1,60 inch)
- Poids total
- 6.6 g
- Très bon état, légèrement utilisé avec de petits signes d'usure
- Pierre principale
- Traitement de la pierre principale
- Naturel (non traité)
- Les pierres environnantes
- Naturel (non traité)