Gorgeous hand-knotted old Turkish Hereke Silk rug, silk on silk, vegetable dyes, super fine 1.000,000 knots/m², professionally cleaned. With certificate. please look at the pictures.
• Collector's item.
• Item number: 2546
• exported from Turkey before jan. 2015
• Knot density is 1.000,000 knots/m²
• Country of Origin: Turkey
• Size: approx 92 cm X 63 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: 100% Silk
• Chain: Silk
• Condition: very good condition for its age
• Quality: Very high quality super fine
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
With certificate of authenticity
The most famous pure silk carpets in the world are produced in the small town of Hereke, east of Istanbul. Due to the unbelievably thin nature of the silk fiber being used, weavers tie exceptionally high number of knots, thus creating more detailed, magnificent carpets. It is also not uncommon for metallic threads to be woven into the pile which only can be done by expert weavers. The sheer beauty and unbelievably strong raw material of these rugs, enables them to be used both on the floor or as a wall hanging. Hereke rugs are to last generations and is not only a rug but truly a work of art.
- Signed Hereke silk
- 92 cm
- 63 cm
- Soie sur soie
- Pays d’origine
- Période de fabrication
- Seconde moitié du XXe siècle
- En très bon état
- Tapis nettoyé professionnellement