First Impression. 1616.
This image was published in the famous book Antiquae Urbis Splendor. Mare Puteolanum, today Pozzuoli Bay, right next to Naples in Italy. Puteoli, now called Pozzuoli, was a Greek colony but became Roman from 194 BC. It was located on the coast of Campania and was an important trading port for the grain ships from Alexandria. It is located about 250 kilometers from Rome. The name Puteoli came from the region's sulfur smell caused by the extinct volcano Solfatara and various sulfur springs.
Very light stain to corner. One single worm hole to text. Two single worm holes to left margin.
- Pays (lieu géographique actuel)
- Spécification géographique
- Campania, Napoli
- Cartographe/ Éditeur
- Jacobus Laurus (active 1583-1645)
- Titre du livre / Carte
- Topographia Puteo Lorum, Antique Urbis Splendor - 1616
- Bon état
- Couleur de la main
- Informations supplémentaires
- Excellente impression.
- Taille de la plus grande image
- 20.9×280 mm